Updated: 15 October 2023
How to install Neovim, from the App Image, on Ubuntu.
- Pick a stable release https://github.com/neovim/neovim/releases/tag/stable
- Download the nvim.appimage asset.
chmod u+x nvim.appimageto make the nvim.appimage file executable.
- Start the neovim editor with
- If your system indicates that FUSE is missing, it can be installed (for Ubuntu >= 22.04) with
sudo apt install libfuse2
- Rename the executable and put it in a location on your PATH e.g.
mv nvim.appimage /home/chris/.local/bin/nvim
- Now start the neovim editor with